Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Lashes

 

I have always loved mascara!  If I'm feeling tired or blah, I'll put on mascara, even if it's 4pm and I have nowhere to go.  It's an instant "pick me up".  They give me life.  :) 

When I first started wearing mascara, in junior high or high school, it took some practice for me to be able to apply it.  Because of my CP, I have uncontrolled movement and low fine motor skill function.  I remember "learning to apply mascara" was one of my goals to work on as part of occupational therapy.  I don't remember actually practicing it in OT but I did figure it out on my own, at home, the easiest way to apply: laying down on my stomach on my bedroom floor with my elbow steadied on the floor while looking in a mirror.  Eventually I was able to stand in front of a make-up mirror with my elbow propped up and steadied on the bathroom counter.  

So when false lashes became popular, I wanted the look.  I didn't want to spend the money on eyelash extensions, plus I don't think my crazy reflexes would allow anyone to get that close to my eyes to apply.  I've tried so many different false lashes and just couldn't get them applied.  I am not able to use the tweezer type applicators either because I'd probably poke myself in the eye.   Last year I discovered Thrive Causemetics, Liquid Lash Extension Mascara.  It is awesome!!  It makes my lashes so long, and it removes easily with water.  It's my favorite mascara.  But I was still determined to try false lashes.  I wasn't going to allow my disability to get in the way. 

Moxie Lash, the magnetic eye liner and lashes, kept popping up as an ad on Instagram.  So when I received some money as a gift I decided to splurge.  It's taken some practice, mainly getting the eyeliner on smoothly, but the lashes just "snap" right on.  I can actually apply and wear false lashes now.

But I'm not always able to get the black magnetic eyeliner on smoothly, because of my unsteady hand, so another lash I recently started wearing, and actually like better than Moxie, in terms of ease of application and price is a local brand, "Maka Beauty".  They have a clear eyeliner that their lashes easily adheres to. 

If you're interested in ordering the makaLASH please order through my friend's link: https://maka-beauty-hawaii.myshopify.com/?rfsn=5457429.a54809  or use her code at checkout: MAKAKATBARTHELS
These lashes are reusable, vegan, latex free, cruelty-free, non-toxic, and hypoallergenic.  
 
 
*wearing Maui lashes from makaBeauty,  new glasses too   

 

 


 

(Next up... Shopping for a new car)

No comments:

Post a Comment