Monday, October 17, 2011

"Up Mama, up"

My daughter knows I am not able to pick her up from a standing position or hold and carry her while standing.  She does know though that I can pick her up and hold her while sitting.  The other day she was sitting on a bar stool and wanted me to help her down even though she's perfectly capable of climbing down on her own.  When I walked over to her she pointed to a dining chair, wanting me to sit down to help her.  Or sometimes she will lead me by the hand over to the couch or a chair so I can pick her up.  I am often touched by how understanding and considerate she is.  But most of the time, when she asks to be picked up, I will simply just get down on the floor wherever we are and let her crawl onto my lap.  Sometimes, in the middle of preparing dinner, I will stop and sit down or kneel on the kitchen floor to hold her.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to write and thank you for creating this blog. I can very much relate to your story as I also have CP and just became a mother to a baby boy in March 2011. I am so encouraged by how you have made things work over the past couple of years. Prior to, and following my son's birth, I searched and searched for disabled parenting resources and personal stories online, however, as you were previously saying, came up with very little. Thank you again for sharing your story and I look forward to following your future posts! All the best, Melanie from Herndon, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, Congrats on becoming a mother. May you be blessed through the journey. And thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete