Friday, January 7, 2011

Childcare

I don’t think anyone enjoys trying to find childcare for their child. It really is a pain. But here I am, once again, trying to find childcare. *sigh* And... once again, it’s urgent.

Reasons why it has become a challenge:
1. finding someone with space available for her age
2. finding someone to watch her part-time
3. finding someone to watch her as early as 6:45am
4. AND, what makes this even more complicated, is that I am not able to get her into the car to take her. So...

We have to work around my husband’s schedule so he can drop her off in the mornings on his way to work. I think I would be able to pick her up from childcare, after I get off work (I only work part-time), if the provider is able to put her in the car for me because I can take her out of the car once I pull into the garage. The frustrating thing is is that my husbands schedule varies from week to week and is never consistent, which makes giving a childcare provider a schedule impossible.

Of course, then there is the obvious fear, and one that brings me to tears, is the thought of dropping Kiana off with a complete stranger to trust to care for her as I would.

Ideally I would prefer Kiana to only be in childcare 3 days a week. This would reduce the cost of childcare and, most importantly, Kiana would be home with us. In a perfect world I would be a stay-at-home mom. I think IF we have another child, I will stay home because the cost of putting 2 in childcare is ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.


    Child Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you looking for babysitter/childminder in Scotland, find it for free at childcare-scotland.com Babysitter in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete