Wednesday, February 2, 2011

15 months

My baby is now 15 months. Wow! Where has the time gone? She is getting easier to take care of, physically, for me. She understands a lot more of what I say, she’s able to communicate to me more, both in words and sign, and she is more capable of helping me.

Kiana is now practically dressing herself. She knows the process of putting on a shirt and shorts and puts her arms through the arm holes herself.

I still need to give her a toy to keep her busy during diaper changes, but most of the time she stays still. Sometimes, now, when I say “diaper change” she’ll run over and pull out the diaper changing pad for me.

The other day when I was getting the milk carton out of the fridge I realized it was too heavy for me and had to set it on the floor. Kiana came over, picked it up and tried to set it on the counter for me but it was too high. What a little helper.

There are new challenges though. Like trying to race her to the bathroom and get the door shut before she comes in with me and pulls all the toilet paper off the roll. She’s fast.

Kiana is an energetic little toddler, but she is very patient with me. We are beginning to adjust to my husband’s new work schedule and classes. Her and I are home alone more, with my husband schedule including working a couple of nights a week and in classes every other weekend. (She is only in childcare 3 days a week which is wonderful.) Fixing dinner with a toddler is interesting, but thankfully she does well at entertaining herself and is very independent (no t.v. in this house).

We have fun together and continue to learn from each other every day. She is such a blessing to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment