Monday, May 13, 2013

Diaper changes, etc. at 4 months

Kiana didn't believe me the other day when I told her that I was going to change Scott's diaper when she asked why I had a diaper.  She also wondered how I got Scott from his play mat on the floor to the couch.  She wondered these things because she has always seen other people do these for me.  But now that Scott is more sturdy I am able to care for him on my own for short periods of time.  It is especially helpful when Kiana is around because he loves to watch her and is easily entertained by her.  I am able to carry Scott from the couch after nursing him to his play mat, or visa versa, while on my knees.  I can change his diaper on his play mat, and am able to hold him up in a seated position if he gets tired of laying down.  We are just confined to one room which makes it difficult after too long.  Scott is also a very "chill" baby, very calm, content, and quiet, which makes caring for him so much easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Baby being sturdier! My littlest guy is 9.5 months now and I have the opposite problem with his sibling "helper" in that the little guy wriggles around like crazy trying to get at his big brother. Makes diaper changes really tough when my arms are fatigued.

    And keep up with the blogging. I like the updates :)

    ReplyDelete