Monday, August 22, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Grocery shopping these days is either a good experience or a stressful one.  Kiana doesn’t always want to sit in the cart.  She goes from sitting in the basket, to standing in the basket, to whining to get out of the basket, to trying to climb out of the basket, to wanting to push the cart, to wanting to be carried, to running away from us down the aisles.  

Well yesterday we were at the store and my husband strapped her in the seat of the cart.  She protested, but he had to go do some banking and she needed to be left with me.  Once he walked away she stopped trying to get out.  Her and I went over to the produce section to start our shopping and she was perfect.  I pointed out different vegetables and asked her what they were and what color they were.  She was fine... until Daddy returned.  Then her arms instantly went up and she started to whine to get out of the cart.  I think she knew I wasn’t able to get her out of the cart so she didn’t bother to ask me.  It made me wonder if I would be able to brave shopping with her alone.  Maybe she wouldn’t be such a handful?

I still don’t take her anywhere alone because I’m so worried she will run away from me in the parking lot, run into the street, and I wouldn’t be able to catch her.  Or if I did catch her that she wouldn’t willingly walk back to the car with me.  I suppose I could just use the stroller...

2 comments:

  1. You could try a harness too... though I don't know if that would be too difficult to get her into.... just a thought. This story is funny too because it reminded me of the differences between me putting the kids to bed and James doing it. If James puts the kids to bed by himself there is no fussing and no messing around. They sit quietly and listen to stories and say prayers, but as soon as I walk into the room all heck breaks loose. Its "Mommy hold you..Mommy read to me..." etc. Anyway, just funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can appreciate this as well. Fortunately ive been with my fiance a year and a half and he is wonderful when it comes to my RRMS (relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis). My youngest is almost three and she knows where there are lines that cant be crossed without his help somedays. Like when she continually does the opposite of what it is she should be doing i will attempt the do i have to get up? if u continue im going to get up and guide u where u need to be. she just looks at me at this point and responds " No You Nooot" I am learning to only redirecting by using tactics that are feasable if necessary rather than what has become idle threats... I look forward to the opportunity to gain some insight from the posts here! Thanks for allowing me to share in this.

    ReplyDelete