Monday, August 22, 2011

Twin bed

A few weeks ago we took down Kiana’s crib and upgraded her to a twin bed.  This has helped tremendously in re-establishing a set nap time and getting her to sleep in her own room.  And I haven’t had any frustrating afternoons since with her with an over-tired toddler and an over-tired mommy.  

She got used to sleeping in our bed since I was never able to easily put her in her crib.  It was just easier for me to put her down for a nap and for bedtime in our bed and then my husband would move her to her crib.  Now I will lay down with her in her own room and at nap time, if she is not quite ready to settle down she can quietly play or read books.  It is so much easier.  She also likes her new bed.

She still comes into our bed occasionally at 5am, and I enjoy the cuddle time with her.   This morning I woke up to the sound of little feet pitter-pattering down the hall.  She came over to my side of the bed and stood there, sleepy eyed and still half asleep, holding her pillow, blankie, Bearbear, AND Dolly.  How she manages to remember and carry all that while half asleep is beyond me?  But she does it every time.  

1 comment:

  1. Kiana absolutely amazes me. She is so smart and mature! I love how her mind works, and how she takes things in stride.

    I have already started to think about moving Phinneas out of his crib. He's a climber, and I just don't want him to pull a Steve McQueen and try to escape. Ty wants to make the boys bunk beds for Christmas. I'm as nervous as a cat about that!

    ReplyDelete