Saturday, August 18, 2012

Balance

Now that I have a little pregnant belly I’ve found that lately I have had better balance.  I found this to be true when I was pregnant with Kiana too, that I had better balance the bigger my belly got, as if it “grounded” me.  The extra weight could be giving me better stability.

But, since I have developed this recent mental anxiety toward walking (within the past year or so) I’ve noticed that having a small showing pregnant belly gives me a sense of confidence and I don't think of my anxiety, thus improving my walking.  I’m proud of my belly.  I want to show it off. (I felt the same way when pregnant with Kiana.)  I want people to see that yes, I am disabled, and yes, I am pregnant too.  It’s that same feeling of confidence one gets when they get a new haircut or a cute new outfit. That feeling that you’re a new person and could walk confidently through a crowd of people staring at you.  

Maybe soon I’ll be able to ditch my cane.  Today I took it with me but didn't use it at all.  I was just holding it and it never even touched the ground. 
It probably looked kind-of silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment