Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's a....

BOY!!! 

We found out a couple of weeks ago that we are having a boy.  I am excited to have both a girl and a boy... but I must admit, part of me is a little nervous.  I have experience with a girl.  Aren't boys slower at developing, more active, and more likely to get hurt?  I just hope it's not too much for me to handle.  But, I'm sure I'll adjust and learn as I go, as I did with Kiana.  (Even if this baby was another girl they might have been, and probably would have been, totally different anyway.)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I have two boys, a 3 year old and 7 week old, and love it! It takes some planning when taking my disability into account when dealing wih a verrrrryyyy active boy, but Hubs and I make it work.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have raised both boys and girls and am now raising mentally disabled grandchildren. I haven't found any difference between the boys and girls level of activity, so I'm sure you'll be fine. God bless you. If you would like to read about my experiences as a grandmother raising mentally disabled grandchildren, please visit www.challengedhope.wordpress.com. Congrats to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Heather.
    I am currently working on a documentary for BBC3 about disabled mums. We are following various disabled women highlighting the highs and lows of disabled parenting. We are desperately looking for some pregnant women who might be interested in talking to us. If there any chance that you would consider speaking to us, please email me at lindsey@specialeditionfilms.com
    Thank you ever so much!

    ReplyDelete